My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Day Seven, Eight, and Nine - 10/30-31/07, 11/1/07



I decided to stop taking the Penicillin Tuesday morning. I am not one to stop antibiotics early but I couldn’t tolerate one more day of feeling so poorly. I figured that if Hudson was upset about my lack of antibiotic coverage he could fuss at me and give me a shot in the butt on Thursday when I saw him for my first post-op visit. Patsy brought me some Activia yogurt that I thinned out enough to drink. It was an amazing day! Within 12 hours or so I was feeling 70% better! The cramps and diaphoresis stopped. I realized that when all I had to deal with was my surgical pain it was manageable! I was going to make it! Wednesday was even better. As my stomach continued to improve I was able to improve my nutrition. All I had to do now was rest, take my pain med and eat. Piece of cake.

Thursday rolled around and it was time to see Dr. Hudson. After having new xrays made it was time to see the man. He was very pleased with the way things were looking. He said that if things continue to improve when I see him on 11/8 the surgical bands will be removed and training bands will be placed.

After seeing Dr. Hudson I had an appt. with Dr. Hatcher, my orthodontist. He was also pleased with the results so far. He said that my teeth are lining up nicely so hopefully it won’t take too long to fine tune my teeth after I am all healed up.

Good day. I felt better and both of my doctors are pleased with their work.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home