My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Calm before the storm

Two days away from surgery and I am suprisingly calm. I guess that I know I have done EVERYTHING I can to prepare for this - whatever happens now is out of my hands. Not trying to sound fatalistic, just realistic.

I have gotten some terrific advice and encouragement from my friends on the nonCPAP forum on sleepnet.com. If you are considering this surgery and haven't yet discovered the wealth of practical information and encouragement from folks that have been there/done then you must go to that website! This is information that the medical community can't provide because it comes directly from folks that have had their MMA or UPPP or a host of other procedures for sleep apnea. Sandman does a wonderful job of hosting that website.

I am off to my regular dentist this morning for routine cleaning before surgery. Figured it was a good idea to start the surgery as squeaky clean as possible.

A special thank you to Toni, Bill, and Brandy - my forum friends - for taking the time to make sure I have thought of everything and have been adequately encouraged. They are great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home