My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lists, lists, and more lists

It is dawning on me just how much I have to do to get ready for this surgery. I am now down to 8 weeks until surgery and am starting to feel nervous about all that I need to get done. Seven weeks really, we will be on vacation for a week in early October.

The list keeps growing:
-the list for what to get (liquid vitamins, baby spoons, white board, lots of chap stick, etc),
-what to get done before surgery (finish painting the dining room, finish renovating daughter's room)
-what groceries to have on hand (supplements, liquid vitamins, yogurt, blendable stuff)
-what to get prepared and in the freezer for my family (regular groceries, prepared and ready to bake - DH doesn't cook, but he orders a mean pizza. I really don't want the kids to just eat pizza for three months!)
-questions to ask my OS on my next visit (Should bank autologous blood? remember to tell him that I can't take morphine.)
-lining up a housekeeper to start before surgery and go for probably 4-6 months (because I won't be able to relax if the house is a dump)
-setting up the email notification list for updates on how I am doing - figuring one email sent en masse to friends/family will be much more manageable than lots of phone calls or individual emails, especially in the beginning while DH and Mom are handling the communication. (If you wish to be on this list, please drop me an email or call and let me know.)

I start meeting with my friend/personal trainer this Friday. She will be helping me improve my strength and stamina before surgery. I like the idea of having a personal trainer who is also a friend - she will have no problem holding me accountable for exercising. Thank you Lisa!

I am also starting vitamins to boost my immunity before surgery. I saw my family practice doc/friend who had no problem with what I plan to take. He also changed out my HTN med due to it being somewhat ineffective to control my blood pressure - and I think it may be thinning out my hair. I am getting thin hair quickly enough!

Maybe I can catch a few quick winks before I need to get the kids up for school. I have been up since about 3:30am mulling all this stuff over.

I will definitely be taking a long nap today.

SleeplessinSeattle from the Sleepnet forum said this: "Your family and friends may think you're crazy, but they don't have sleep apnea. They don't know how it can drain away your life like some sort of invisible vampire." Couldn't have said it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home