My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Urrrgggggghhhh!!!!!

I had my regularly scheduled appt. with my orthodontists today and just knew he was going to be pleased with the movement of my teeth. I have gone in two or three times since my last appt. to have my wire trimmed because my teeth have moved so much - or so I thought. He told me that I have at least 6 months to go before being ready for surgery. I reminded him that he said I would be ready in 6 months three months ago! After some discussion that involved my hands at his throat, I got wired back up and left. So here I am - disgusted with my slow moving teeth, a little mad at my orthodontist that he doesn't seem that concerned that I have a least another 6 months of crappy sleep, and sore from having my teeth jerked around. Bad day. Things will get better, right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that visit. I know how frustrating it is waiting... My only words to you are: it's worth the wait. No matter how long. Take this time to chew things many times. You will miss that...I do. Open your mouth and scream. Yawn and enjoy it. I look forward to big rewarding yawns when I can open my mouth all the way. :) Shelby

1:35 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

This sounds like my orthodontist. I got my braces in June '05. Later that summer I was told that my teeth would be ready early spring. Then it was summer. Then fall. Then by Chrismas. I finally got the go ahead to make an appointment for surgery this spring and am happy to say that my MMA is in 2 1/2 weeks.

I really think that my ortho is the world's worst estimator so don't be discourged. The problem is that I told my family and fiends when I thought the surgery would be. So for the last year and a half the question "when is your surgery?" keeps coming.

Good luck. Your day will come.

Paul

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home