My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Pictures!

Well, I can't believe that it has been almost 2 months since I posted. Time flies (not!) when you are waiting for teeth to move. I was thinking that since my bite has changed so much that maybe I take some amateur, up-the-nose pics of me and my ever-worsening bite. It would seem that all I am able to chew these days is my cheeks. Enough whining, on with the pics.

First , a review of where I started. Not great, but I could chew my food!




If you think this looks like I am pointing a camera at my face and snapping pictures, you would be right. Not an obvious change from the front, except for some serious tooth bling and tea-stained bracket cement.


The profile is changing significantly. It seems like my little chin is disappearing. When I am not smiling for the camera, my lower lip is also disappearing. With no lower teeth to help hold it in place it is starting to look like I am sucking my lip in.
If you look carefully up the nose you can see a tiny nativity scene! This pic is taken with my teeth together in the most natural position. Needless to say, I can't bite a damn thing! Surely this is getting close enough to being bad enough! I will know more in a couple of weeks.
A sssthar is born!! That reminds me of the other thing I was going to mention. I have started to talk with a little lisp/whistle thing. Temporary, right?
Well, I think I have posted enough for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home