My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

No Pain, No Gain?

I saw the orthodontist again yesterday. The upper and lower wires were changed to the final wire gauge for surgery. The lower incisors were "slenderized" - meaning that they have this sanding gizmo that sands down the sides of my teeth. Imagine your teeth being sanded with an emory board. Unfortunately with the stiffer wire trying to fit into the brackets there was lots of pushing and tugging going on. The ortho and my tech, Jen were trying to be careful but the wire really didn't want to go into the bracket.

Anyway, lots of pain last evening and today. Difficult sleeping with my teeth throbbing. I will be glad when things settle down again.

The surgery date still looks like it will be late October. My ortho advised me to make contact with the oral surgeon and let them know that I am 4 month out from surgery. I can't believe that we are actually closing in on a date.

Dad is still waiting for a surgery date. All of his diagnostic tests since the original biopsy have come back clear. We are grateful for good news but anxious to get the cancerous lymph node GONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home