My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Annie, you got some 'splaining to do!

I was a church this morning attending the contemporary service with my husband and children. During the "Joys and Concerns" time before the prayers of the people I mentioned that I finally had a surgery date. In my mind this was a joy - I have been waiting a long time for my mouth to finally arrive at the appropriate misalignment. Next thing I know, my 1o year old daughter raises her hand and expresses her concern that I am finally going to have surgery. We have been talking about my impending surgery for so long that I just assumed that my kids were okay with everything. Today I realized that I need to spend some real time focusing on what they need to be okay with all of this. We started the discussion in the car this afternoon. Lots more talks and hugs to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Annie,
My son was worried about me having surgery. WE talked about it and I was honest with him regarding the risks etc. It took a little while but he was eventually fine with it.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I have spent more time recently talking with the kids about what is involved. This has included showing them pics from other's blogs. I think it is beginning to sink in that this is a real big deal but temporary awfulness. Mom is going to be better or going through it. We will keep talking over the next couple of months so that they are as comfortable as they need to be before the big day.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home