My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

26 days to MMA

Okay, no one ever mentioned that there could be weight loss before surgery because of having a nervous stomach for weeks on end! I didn't expect that the pre-surgery nerves would kick in so early, a week or so before but not 6 weeks before. Trying not to think about it so much, but let's be real, it is hard to think of anything else.

I am whittling down my lists of things to get done. Lois, a very good friend, is coming over Monday to help chop and cook so that I can get some more things in the freezer. My goal is that my family won't order pizza more than once a week while I am out of commission. My kids would eat pizza every night but they need a bit more balance in their diet. I am still working on a christening gown for my new niece - need to finish this up this week. A few other little niggly bits to cross of my list but I have the big ones done.

Reading back through some of the posts I realize that I didn't give an update on my dad after writing about his diagnosis of metastatic melanoma. He had his surgery for his tumor removal the end of June and has spent the summer recovering. The pathology reports came back as good as could be expected. In fact his oncologist told him that he is an enigma - he has no evidence of cancer therefore nothing to radiate. There is no chemical treatment for him. He will be PET scanned fairly frequently over the next couple of years to make sure that if something crops up it is caught early. Great news for our family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home