My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Two steps forward, one step back

Things in the food department have been improving - I am managing to get enough to eat now that I am not hungery all the time.

The step back today is that I developed a rash. I was getting itchy before my shower this morning and just thought that it is dry skin. The heater has been coming on some now and I just though that I needed to slather on some lotion. By mid morning I had a red, raised, itchy rash all over. Not as bad as the allergic reaction in the hospital, but concerning nonetheless. I called my pharmacist to see if I might be developing Stevens Johnson syndrome (long shot) or maybe having some reaction to coming off the Oxycontin (another stab in the dark). She said that the Ancef should be all out of my system now and didn't think that I should be developing a rash from stopping the narcotic. I started taking Benadryl which pretty much wiped me out and depressed me the rest of the day. Bummer.

The good news is that the rash does seem to be dissipating and I am off of my narcotics. Tomorrow will be a better day. Mom and I plan to try a little retail therapy. We will see how long I last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home