My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Come on June!

I saw my orthodontist last Thursday and have some good news. I am finally, finally, finally coming to the end of my orthodontia experience. My front teeth are moving (slowly) to the desired positions. I have had a slight crossbite that Dr. H. has been trying to straighten. My back molars also still need a little more uprighting. He really spent some time slenderizing my lower incisors and it seems to be doing the trick with the crossbite. I need to call their office to see if I am still to wear the elastics now that it looks to me like the crossbite has "uncrossed".

My unofficial date (subject to change at my 6/12 appt.) is (drumroll, please) JUNE 19th! Yea, yea, yea! Happy dance!

My only question about the whole debracing appt is this - my lower teeth, in particular the incisors, are still pretty sensitive. I am wondering if I should stop by my dentist's office on the way to the orthodontist that day to have a little nerve block done for my lower jaw. I know that when they had to pop 3 of the lower brackets off at about 10 weeks after surgery to reposition them the sharp, shooting pain of the tooth movement was very severe, albiet shortlived. I will be almost 8 month post-op. Maybe I will post on the forum to see what the other MMA vetrans have to say.

BTW, today is DH and my 19th wedding anniversary. I guess I'll keep him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news !!

Good progress. I'm still out here checking in on ya'

All the best,

Billinseattle :-)

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home