My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

One Doctor Down, Two To Go

Today I had my 6 weeks postop appt with my oral surgeon. He was pleased with my progress and decided to release me. He would like for me to follow up with him again in 6 or 8 months when my braces come off. We will talk again at that time as to whether or not I need a revision on my nasal spine or on the bony prominence on my lower jaw. Hopefully both of these areas will smooth over enough over the next 1/2 year that that won't be necessary. Time will tell.

He would also like me to contact my doctor that ordered my sleep study to set up my repeat sleep study for around 5-6 months postop. It is nice to think that I am cruising into actually completing my treatment for sleep apnea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home