My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, November 26, 2007

No Such Luck

I was hoping that my orthodontist would change out my wire and remove the god-forsaken surgical hooks. No such luck. He wanted to make sure that everything looked okay and to adjust the elastics placement. I will have to wait another two weeks until after my surgeon releases me before he will change out the wire and remove the hooks. He also plans to reposition the brackets of my lower front teeth. Sounds like fun, huh? Actually sounds like I will have pretty sore teeth for a few days after that appt. Changing out my wire requires alot of pushing and tugging with the type of braces I have, not to mention the removal of the old brackets will be a little unpleasant also.

Left the office today with a double handful of wax packets. To cover all the hooks that bite takes a whole pack per application. Multiply that by two cleanings per day equals alot of wax.

On the upside, I met my friend for lunch today and had a nice chile relleno and beef enchilada before what I thought was going to be my last comfortable meal for a while. Good lunch with a good friend - never a bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home