My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Big Weekend

I thought I would give a report on Thanksgiving weekend. Energy-wise this has been a pretty tiring weekend but I am sort of pleased that I handled it as well as I did. Between the preparations for Thanksgiving on Wednesday, the long Thanksgiving day at my folks (not too physically taxing, just long) and then a family reunion about an hour away on Friday and Saturday, this was a long weekend. When the reunion plans were being made months ago, hubby and I decided not to stay at the lodge but to drive over for shorter visits so that we could come and go as my energy level warranted. We stayed for several hours each day - lots of talking and a fair amount of eating. I took quite a bit of Tylenol this weekend but otherwise I think I did okay. The food available wasn't exactly what I would have chosen to chew, but a girl has to adapt, right?

Thanksgiving dinner was really good. I was able to manage everything - even the turkey. I just made sure I chose dark meat and cut it up small so I didn't have to chew too much. It took a long time to eat but actually that made me feel full before I had eaten my whole plate of food. I had to wait a while before I had a lucious piece of pumpkin pie - but since I wasn't so full it was much more enjoyable.

Off to the orthodontist this afternoon. I am hopeful that he will change out my braces wire so that I can drop most (if not all) of the torturous hooks from hell. These things continue to eat up my cheeks/lips if I don't have a large amount of wax covering them up. I will be taking Tylenol before the appt. because I am expecting that this will be an uncomfortable visit. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home