My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Full Disclosure

Okay, if you have read this blog you know that I began it as not only a place to whine but also as a place to journal my experience. I wish for it to benefit others what will have this apnea treatment journey in the future. For that reason I must let you know that even though I am sleeping better, I am still a LONG way from being recovered. I am improving everyday but in inches, not yards. Although I did do a little retail therapy on Friday (a few hours at most), and went to a friend's house for a couple of hours yesterday, I paid for my outings. By the time I got home yesterday I was so nauseous and wrung out. I laid down for an afternoon nap for 2 1/2 hours (longest nap needed since the first week post op), spent the evening in my chair, and then slept for 9 1/2 hours last night. Today I am over the nausea but I am sore. I haven't needed Tylenol since the beginning of the week but I am taking it now! Eating is really a chore - to the point that I think I will be returning to a liquid diet for a day or two, just to lessen the effort to eat. I am not the most patient person, and when I get good sleep Iwant to go. Getting out and being (even minimally) productive does wonders for my mood but I am physically not ready for it.

On the sleepnet forum it has been stated over and over that it takes so much energy to heal the extensive bone changes that effort put elsewhere will knock you down. Not one to do anything the easy way, I am learning that this is very true.

I will wait a few days to give an inventory on my numbness/discomfort until things calm back down. If I did it now it wouldn't give an accurate report.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Anne,
How are you doing?

Brandy

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home