My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Off the Hook(s)

I saw my orthodontist today and had an uncomfortable but not as bad as I expected appointment. My ortho tech Jen (hi Jen!) popped off the brackets to be repositioned. The three bottom teeth that needed new brackets are very sensitive. She says that they are a bit loose also. A fun time was not had by all. The cleaning up of the bracket cement and placing the new brackets was a breeze. The upper and lower wires with all those nasty surgical hooks were changed out for new smaller gauge wires that were fitted much easier. And, thankfully, today the gates on the brackets opened without trouble. They have historically been very tight and difficult to open. They have been a significant source of my soreness following my orthodontist appointments.

This evening hasn't been too bad. I was prepared to be really sore but other than some mild discomfort managed with Tylenol I am fine. So, yea, I am done with doctor's appts until I see Dr. Hatcher's group the end of January.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hewy Nosleep said...

That's reallt tough having braces when you are older. They say that it is harder for adults that children. Hang in there!

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home