My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Settling In

I have had the retainers for a couple of weeks now and I must admit that they aren't too bad. Once I got over the initial soreness and "customized" them so that they didn't wear a hole in the underside of my tongue. I think that the best thing so far is being able to take them out for eating and cleaning my teeth. I can actually eat without worrying about food dropping out of my mouth or getting stuck in the braces. My mouth still feels clean when I am done eating. Beautiful!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Apnea Mom,

I know it's been awhile since your surgery & since you have posted on your blog, but I wanted you to know how much I appreciate you sharing your story in so much detail. I am looking at having MMA surgery this summer and it helps me so much to know at least somewhat what I can expect. I feel like if I can get through the first few weeks, I can handle anything!

Anyhow, thanks for sharing--it really is helpful!

Sara

9:40 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Great! I am glad to know that it helped you. Please write back to let me know how you get along. I hope also that you are following the sleep net forums. They were a huge help for me.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Remy Thiery said...

Hello, my name is Remy Thiery and I run a sleep disorders website called Sleep Apnea Guide.com. You have a very interesting story about sleep apnea surgery and I think my readers would love to learn more about you; would you be open to an interview with us?
To give you an idea of how your interview might look, please visit my interviews page from www.sleep-apnea-guide.com
The contact form is on my website.

I look forward to working with you and hope you'd like to participate. Thanks for your time and have a great week.

Regards,
Remy

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home