My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parole Granted!

Finally! Finally! Finally! My 44 year old teeth have finally moved to their desired positions! Dr. H fussed a bit last time because I wasn't wearing my elastic bands consistently enough to get my teeth moving that last little 2 mm to straighten out my crossbite. I told him that I took them off to eat or clean and I usually didn't notice until I looked in the mirror that they weren't in place. I hated putting bands back on until I could clean my teeth after eating. Well - I had to get over that! I sent out an email to my friends and family asking them to please remind me to put my bands back on if they ever saw me without them. Well, let me tell you that I got reminded alot! And, it worked! I told Dr. H and Jen (my tech) that it takes a village to move my teeth!

So - I am now about 36 hours into wearing the finishing bands. The purpose of these bands is to pull my bite together and make my molars really set. I can tell you that I am mighty sore right now. My teeth woke me up a couple of times throbbing. I am sure that things will settle down in a couple of days, but right now chewing is a little tender.

Now that I have a debracing date I need to plan my "Ooey, Gooey, Crunchy, Chewy" party. This is where everyone comes and brings something that relates with the theme of the party - namely stuff that someone with braces isn't supposed to eat. I personally can't wait to dig into a big tub of popcorn! Hey, any excuse for a party, right?

Aaaaargh! Here is a picture of me and my first mate at our church's VBS this year. The theme was (anyone? anyone?) VeggieTales "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" - Discovery Bay. Ben and I did science experiments with about 100 kids relating them to different bible stories. It was alot of fun and exhausting. Glad it is over.

The next pics will be with bare, naked teeth!

1 Comments:

Blogger smac said...

Congratulations on liberated teeth!!

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home