My sleep apnea journey

This is a diary of my experiences as a sleepy mom, through apnea diagnosis and treatment. I have appreciated the information I have learned on the internet and especially appreciate the personal accounts of other's journeys. Stay tuned, it will be a wild ride.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

My husband and I have been married since 1989. We have a son ('95) and daughter ('97). We have another daughter in heaven since 2000. I am a stay at home mom with a current nursing license. I started this Photo-A-Day blog to document my family's everyday life and to challenge me to grow a bit as a photographer.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Final Post

One last posting to wrap up this blog. I am sleeping well now and have a pretty normal life. I rarely need a nap during the day - if I am sleeping during the day it is out of decadence - not a necessity!

My teeth work very well and I think look great. I will have to wear my retainers at night only. I asked Dr. Hatcher how long I would have to wear them, he said I only had to wear them as long as I wanted straight teeth. Oh well. Small price to pay for great-functioning, straight, healthy teeth.


The little bit of numbness that I have left isn't much to mention. I will have a little numbness on my lower lip that extends down to my chin. This hasn't changed much in the last year and a half so I imagine this will be permanent. My hard palate and upper incisors are still significantly numb. I know that I have scalded my hard palate on hot tea and food, but it is numb enough that it doesn't really bother me.


I do have one health concern that I need to have checked out. During a recent anesthesia workup for a minor surgical procedure I was told that I have a slight heart murmur. I wonder if this is a little collateral damage from having sleep apnea for 13+ years. I will have it checked out soon.


It took alot of adjustment to get used to the changed face that looks back at me everyday. I have come to terms with her and we are getting along just fine now. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Holidays! My name is Lisa Hope and I am the assistant editor of Disorder.org. I am contacting you today in hopes of developing a strategic partnership with your website; we have seen your site and think your content is great. Disorder.org is an online gateway for people to find information regarding disorder diagnosis, symptoms, and treatment -- and is continually adding content. If you're interested in a partnership, please contact me at lisa.disorder.org@gmail.com.

4:18 PM  
Blogger smac said...

Anne, you look fabulous! How are you feeling 1.5 years after ending this blog?
xo
Shelby

3:39 AM  
Blogger rahul said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.


Gastric Banding Glasgow

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home